Invasive species harm our lands, waters and native species.

Report an Invasive Species

Reporting suspect and/or invasive species is very important! In Montana, where you report invasive species depends on what kind of plant or animal they are, so that the correct agency can respond to your report.

aquatic invasive species icons

Report suspect aquatic invasive species (such as fish, mussels, or aquatic weeds) to Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Report potential violations relating to mandatory watercraft inspections and the certified boater program to TIP-MONT (406) 847-6668.

noxious weeds icons

Report noxious weeds (such as trees, shrubs, flowers, and grasses) in Montana to the EDDMapS app.

forest pests icons

Tree pests (insects or diseases found in or on trees) in Montana are managed by multiple agencies, depending on land ownership. Report suspect tree pests to the Montana Department of Agriculture or your county extension agent.

forest pests icons

Feral hogs, livestock diseases, and escaped non-native animals are managed by the Montana Department of Livestock. Report suspect feral hogs to (406) 444-2976. Send suspect disease samples to the Montana Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory.

forest pests icons

To report other suspect invasive species, that don’t seem to fit in the categories above, please contact the Montana Invasive Species Coordinator.

don't move firewood logo
Pigs logo
Montana Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory logo
Schutter Diagnostic Lab logo
EEDDMapS app logo
Protect Water logo
nox weed logo